1. Q. What is Mailpac?
A. MailPac is an e commerce solution that offers an overseas mail and package service.
2. Q. How does Mailpac work?
A. 1. When you open an account with us, you are given a US mailing address for both mail and packages consisting of a Post Office Box AND a street address. This address will become your personal address in the US and should be used as the shipping address for all online orders.
2. When the package reaches our mailing facility, we transport your packages to Jamaica.
3. Upon arrival in Jamaica Mailpac handles the customs processing on the customer’s behalf.
4. Once the package is cleared at our facility; we can either deliver the package(s) to you or to one of our many locations for pick up.
3. Q. Why can’t I just send my overseas packages to my Jamaican address?
A. The majority of online shopping sites are US based. Due to the complications shippers may encounter with the difference in customs and duty procedures in other countries, some websites do not offer shipping outside the US and Canada. Some websites ship outside of the country but usually charge a high shipping cost.
4. Q. Only people who have a credit card can use Mailpac services?
A. Not at all. Anyone can use MailPac. All of our locations are equipped with computers, shopping assistants and the use of our credit cards, so feel free to come in any time!
5. Q. What are your rates?
A. Follow this link to view our rates: http://www.aeropost.com/web/frontend/tarifas?lang=_eng&country=kin
6. Q. Can I find out how much an item is going to cost me before I order?
A. With DealBug – Mailpac’s newest innovation – you can see a fully landed price for any item you’d like to purchase online. If it’s not listed on the website, you can send in a request and get a quote for your product(s) shortly thereafter.
7. Q. How can I ensure customs charges me properly?
A. As the only company in Jamaica with a "pre-alert" system, Mailpac allows you to upload your invoice to our database before your package arrives. Pre-alerting your package not only ensures that customs gets the correct value of the item on which to assess duties, but the item is automatically insured for the full amount of the invoice and the package gets priority treatment in Miami.
8. Q. Are my shipments insured?
A. As long as you pre-alert your shipment, it is insured up to the full value of the item (100% insurance).